What are attributes on Google my business?
Google My Business Attributes are visible statements about a business that appear on your Google My Business listing. They can help you to indicate things like accessibility to the establishment, payment options, and amenities.
New attributes: delivery, takeout and pickup.
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 and the restrictions on brick-and-mortar businesses, many food and drink retailers have seen their stores close.
While the majority have halted regular activity, others have implemented alternative business units that can be displayed within GMB listings :
Supported options will be highlighted in green and will have a “✓” and non-supported options will have an “x” and will be in red.
Where are these attributes available?
Although Google was founded in the United States, this feature has been rolled out across many countries in Europe. These new attributes will appear on the retailer’s business profiles on Google Maps and Google Search and they will be available both on Desktop and Mobile devices.
Why should my business update these attributes?
Attributes provide key information about available services to customers. Keeping the customer up-to-date on vital information such as contact information, delivery details and opening times will improve customer experience and increase your chances of success.
How can I update my attributes using Localistico?
Localistico gives you the ability to update your attributes in bulk, allowing you to amend all of your locations at once as well as the ability to amend just one in a specific region or area.
To be able to make these changes within Localistico, you will need to follow the next steps:
- Log into your Localistico account
- Click on your logo and go to ‘Settings’
- Inside the ‘Business info’ tab, you can scroll down to the “Extended attributes” section
- Click on “Edit” (on the top right of the section) and in the “Dining options”, you can add as many attributes as you need. By default, you will see the four options: Delivery, Takeout, Pick up and Dine-in.
- Save and click on the publish all button in the venues tab to update this info on your Google profiles. Now, your listing is ready to publish the new attributes to Google.
Note: Take into account that it can take some time to be updated in Google since Google has reported update delays.
As we are a remote company – we’re business as usual! If you have any questions regarding the latest updates on the attributes features in light of COVID-19, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.