Hi! We’re looking for a Chief Operating Officer!
We’re Localistico, a London-based startup with a team of 8 people. We have been running for a couple years. Together the members of our team have worked in companies like Google, Tuenti, Yelp or DeliveryHero, among others. We have offices in both London and Madrid.
We’re looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to be based in the London office and help us grow the company at a rapid pace - somebody with a strong drive to leave their mark and help build something amazing.
If you are looking to work in revolutionising online-to-offline marketing, chasing for £2M+ revenue targets over the next year and helping some of the best brands across industries like retail, fashion, real estate or banking - please keep on reading, we have an offer that may be interesting to you!
We are a local marketing platform. Our tool helps brick & mortar business owners and marketing teams to generate more footfall and get better insights by helping them control their location information across multiple platforms (fom Google Maps to Foursquare), gather online-to-offline analytics and launch local-targeted campaigns.
We’re revenue-generating and our current clients include brands like El Corte Inglés, Foxtons, O2 or Starbucks
As our COO you’ll be part of the Executive team. Reporting to and working in close partnership with the CEO, you would be expected to hold a full and detailed picture of the business processes & metrics, work with relevant stakeholders and drive appropriate, effective actions to ensure that the business delivers more value every day.
You will have the best overall vision (outside the CEO) of how the company operates, proactively identifying opportunities to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and exploit new revenue streams. You will be in control of most day-to-day operations and work on ensuring our objectives are met across the board.
You will be able to leave your mark across the company, as your tasks span Strategy, Operations, Regulatory Compliance, Finance, Commercials and Team Management. Some of the most important responsabilities include:
- You’ll work closely with the CEO to develop strategies for country, sector and product functionality.
- You’ll proactively focus on business-wide execution, ensuring operations are effective and continually improving to meet agreed business targets.
- You’ll manage prioritisation and progress of business initiatives.
- You’ll manage processes related to partnerships, mergers, acquisitions and fundraising.
- You’ll have a detailed understanding of the mechanics of the business and take ownership of managing information across the business (including sales force), devising and sponsoring appropriate systems for measuring the performance of the company and analyse the output and related metrics for rapid improvements and forecasting.
- You’ll ensure the performance of the business is accurately communicated to the CEO, senior staff and relevant stakeholders.
- You’ll work on ensuring the scalability of the business processes and team and continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes, both internal and client-facing.
- You’ll be in charge of the analytics and insight analysis to drives sales, marketing, product development, commercial negotiation, new business models and pricing structures.
- You’ll hold a direct line of reporting from Sales and Marketing, and will be working in their day-to-day operation to fulfill the objectives set for them.
- You’ll develop strong relationships with suppliers and clients that reflect our values and vision.
- You’ll work alongside the CEO in any complex supplier/customer/partner negotiations, ensuring the necessary analytics and business modelling maximising revenue for the company. These include most local platform or agency partnerships.
- You’ll work closely with our accountants and develop a good understanding of our marginal costs and the implications to the business and our KPIs.
- You’ll own the quarterly planning and projections and work with the CEO in ensuring these are kept in line with company objectives and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
On Team Management
- You’ll recruit, manage and develop a world class team focussed on the company’s vision and values.
- You’ll work together with the CEO in ensuring the company acts as a high performing team, identifying areas of communication breakdown and taking rapid action - as well as supporting the overall moral of the business, employee development and growth.
We would like you to have:
Experience in operations and financials of B2B Software companies (or related). Previous know-how on working any of the areas required in companies related to B2B software, SaaS startups or marketing tools in the past is a must. You’ll have hands-on experience in financial modelling and accounting, sales pipeline management, fund raising experience or strategy definition experience based on qualitative and quantitative data.
Good knowledge of our target customer verticals. We aim to help Marketing Directors and Agencies for brands that operate target physical locations. This includes players in industries like retail, fashion, restaurants, hotels, real estate agents and banks. Any background on these or related industries is a plus, but at least a certain level of familiarity is required.
Very good learning and teaching abilities. We work in a fast-changing environment and we’re responsible to grwo the team. It will help if you’re good at grasping local marketing concepts and are able to relate those to our business, clients and goals - as well as to line up the team and any relevant stakeholders for execution.
A focus on business goals and objectives (including good troubleshooting skills). You’ll have a very developed ability of active listening and understanding of our team, stakeholders, investors and clients - and you’ll be able to analyse the facts and come up with actions and solutions. The ability to react to and unblock unforeseen issues that arise is a must.
We’re looking for the type of person that is always learning and feeling ready to take new challenges. We’d love to hear if you have some hobby or activity you’re passionate about, apart from your work (everybody in the team has at least one!). We would particularly like if you feel comfortable collaborating with others and helping arrive to common solutions to problems.
What we offer:
Flexibility in location and hours: While this role is not fully remote, we can allow some arrangements. We plan mostly by goals, not times. Do your work in the way that makes you happier and more productive.
Creative work: don’t just execute to guidelines but be a defining part of a great team tackling an interesting problem and help us drive the solution and the company culture.
Competitive salary and equity participation Exact numbers may vary according to experience. As a defining piece of the executive team we want you to share the uptake as we share the work.
If you are proactive, resourceful, very hands on and ready to learn as part of a team taking our company to the next level… we’d love you to join us!
Please send us a a short note/email intro to email@example.com - if you want, you can include links to your LinkedIn or some other up-to-date summary of your CV - so we have a better idea of your background
Looking forward to talk with you soon! :)
We are Hiring!
We are presently looking for some people to join the team. Would you be interested?
Check our openings and let us know if you want to talk or if you have any questions.